Salt & Straw’s Ice SCREAM series is back
Burger King announces launch of Ghost Pepper Whopper
When it comes to sports, there are foods that immediately come to mind. But New York City’s Madison Square Garden wants to shake up game day by thinking about the food and drink they consume at a game (or even a concert or show) between the New York Knicks and the Rangers.
Guilty Eats was recently invited to Madison Square Garden to learn about the food in the garden and the menu for the latest season of New York sports. This also leads us down an interesting foodie rabbit hole.
Ultimately, we learned some very fascinating things about garden food and can’t help but share what we learned. Here are five lesser-known foodie facts about Madison Square Garden. Introducing
5 Foodie Facts About Madison Square Garden You Didn’t Know
- Did you know there’s a Carnegie Deli in Madison Square Garden? Not only is there a Carnegie Deli, it’s actually the last deli in New York City. This means that if you love delicious pastrami on rye or next-level Carnegie cheesecake, Madison Square Garden is the only place for these foodie delights.
- Did you know there are vegan or gluten-free dining options available at The Garden? Yes, fellow foodies! MSG is an all-inclusive venue for those with dietary restrictions or dietary restrictions. I spoke with an executive at MSG Entertainment, his chef, who said their goal is to allow everyone who visits the arena to enjoy the games and shows without worrying about what they can or can’t eat. I understand. Some of the gluten-free options you can find include pizza and even chicken fingers.On the vegan side, there’s even Beyond Bratwurst and vegan nachos on the menu.
- How many burgers were sold by the New York Knicks and New York Rangers during the 2021-2022 season? According to a fact sheet obtained, “Nearly 100,000 burgers were sold at the Daily Burger Stand.” That’s a lot of beef (and vegan burgers) being consumed!
- How much popcorn can you make in one game?! In just one Rangers or Knicks game, MSG uses about 630 pounds of kernels to pop enough popcorn for one game. (This is he a lot of popcorn for one game, but can you imagine what that means in terms of how many pounds of kernels are popped each year just for Knicks and Rangers games? ?)
- From hamburgers to hot dogs, how many hot dogs are served at games and concerts? When we think of ballpark and arena food, we think of hot dogs. So it may not come as a surprise that Madison Square Garden serves his £420 hot dog during concerts, while around £540 of hot dogs are served during Knicks and Rangers games. That’s a lot of dogs!
Honestly, there’s a lot to know when it comes to MSG food. Yes, I was impressed with everything I learned about the game and concert menus. What really sold us on the magic of dining at Madison Square Garden was how delicious everything we tried really was.
But we’d love to know what you think about these foodie facts. Did you enjoy dining at MSG? Did you know these facts? Do any of these facts surprise you?