No one in the royal family is reportedly planning to move to Windsor Castle.
Buckingham Palace will also remain vacant for the foreseeable future during a £369m (roughly £369m) renovation, sources told The Sun on Sunday. (23.10.22)
The publication said King Charles would instead choose to keep Clarence House as his permanent residence.
He reportedly hasn’t lived in Buckingham Palace for up to five years, instead waiting for the completion of Buckingham Palace’s renovations, which are expected to be completed in 2027.
The Duke and Duchess of Wales were thought to move to Windsor Castle, but a source told The Sun, “There are no plans for them to leave Adelaide Cottage.”
Prince William and his wife Catherine, who have children George, 9, Charlotte, 7, and Louis, 4, recently settled into a four-bed Adelaide Cottage on their Windsor estate. .
A source told The Sun newspaper: “William and Kate have been rumored to be moving to Windsor Castle, but have no plans to leave Adelaide Cottage.
Balmoral Castle, one of the late Queen Elizabeth’s favorite residences, is also said to remain vacant.
The King and Queen, Lady Camilla, lived for 19 years at Clarence House, 400 yards from Buckingham Palace, and will continue to stay at several castles as their main residence.
The couple moved into a five-bed mansion in 2003, a year after the Queen Mother’s death.
It is understood that they will also spend some time in Sandringham, Norfolk.
Workers are only halfway through Buckingham Palace’s 10-year renovation, which includes installing new electrical, plumbing and heating, and will be uninhabitable until 2027.
Prince Charles is said to be hosting his family’s Christmas at Sandringham, but a source previously told The Sun that he’s considering “a sort of retreat, if needed.” Queen Elizabeth died at her home in Balmoral on September 8 at the age of 96.