From Rozgaar mela to UK Prime Minister’s resignation, school parliamentary news headlines for 21st October, today’s top news headlines
- Prime Minister Modi launches Rozgar Mela on 22nd October, offering 100,000 rupees job offers
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to unveil the Rozgar Mela via video conference on 22nd October 2022. Mela is a recruitment effort to provide jobs for 10 Lakh people. On October 22, nomination letters will be sent to 75,000 candidates.
- ‘Chaiwalla’ replaces four-time candidate to win Shimla seat in upcoming Himachal Pradesh legislative elections
Tea shop owner Sanjay Soud will contest Shimla Urban’s seat in the upcoming Himachal Pradesh state legislative elections to replace four-time BJP candidate Suresh Bhardwaj. Sanjay Sood said he was born into a very poor family and has been running his tea shop since 1991. Before that, he sold newspapers to pay for his college tuition.
- Center warns of Chinese phishing attacks ahead of Diwali
The Center warned users against malicious festival-themed campaigns targeting Indian customers in the form of suspicious links to Diwali gifts and prizes.
- Firecrackers explode in Morena, Madhya Pradesh, killing 4, injuring 7
At least four people have been killed and seven injured in a massive explosion at an illegal firecracker factory in Morena, Madhya Pradesh. The building was completely destroyed by the blast this morning. Rescue and relief efforts are currently underway as several others are feared trapped under the rubble.
- Team India arrive in Melbourne ahead of T20 World Cup opener against Pakistan
Team India will play Pakistan in the first Super 12 match of the ongoing ICC Men’s T20 World Cup on Sunday (23 October). The match between the two rivals will take place at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Ahead of the team’s season opener, Rohit Sharma & Co. arrived in Melbourne on Thursday (20th October).
- India to tour Bangladesh for 3 ODIs and 2 tests in December
India’s men’s cricket team will tour Bangladesh for the first time since 2015 for three ODIs and two Tests from 4 December, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) announced on Thursday. Dhaka’s Mirpur Stadium hosted all three of his ODIs on December 4, 7 and 10 before the series moved to Chattogram for his first test on December 14-18. increase.
- Liz Truss resigns as UK prime minister amid political crisis
British Prime Minister Liz Truss resigned on Thursday, saying she was unable to carry out her duties under the current circumstances. The prime minister’s resignation comes at a time of great volatility in the economy and international situation.
- WHO says Covid remains a global health emergency, too early to lift highest level of warning
The WHO Emergency Committee on Covid-19 met last week and concluded that the pandemic still constitutes a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). This is the declared status in January 2020.