Unfortunately, Google is currently unplugging their cloud gaming platform Stadia. Refunds to early adopters and gamers who purchased hardware and software during the run. If you’re like us and have unused controllers left over, we’ve rolled out an update for the Stadia wireless controller so you can use it as a controller on your PC, Mac, even though Google has stopped supporting the streaming service. I am happy to know that I have become , game consoles, telephones, etc. Unfortunately, being able to use the Stadia controller as a standalone Bluetooth device for him isn’t automatic, and you’ll have to go through a simple process to enable Bluetooth mode on the Stadia controller.
This quick guide will walk you through the process. Google is December 31, 2023Unfortunately after this date the Stadia controller can no longer be converted into a Bluetooth device and must be used as a wired controller from your preferred gaming device. As you might imagine, Google doesn’t provide customer support. Stadia controller in Bluetooth mode.
“Until December 31, 2023, you can switch to Bluetooth mode, check controller mode, and check for Bluetooth updates.says Google.
To convert your Stadia controller to a standalone Bluetooth controller, you’ll need to update your controller using the Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browsers. “Switch your Stadia controller to Bluetooth mode to wirelessly continue gaming on your favorite devices and services after Stadia shuts down.It’s also worth remembering that the switch is permanent, and once you switch your controller to Bluetooth mode, you can’t switch back to using Wi-Fi with Stadia, but you can still play wired in USB and Bluetooth mode. I have.
Enable Bluetooth Mode on Stadia Controller
1. Go to the https://stadia.google.com website. google chrome or Windows Edge browser
2. Connect your Stadia controller Connect it to your computer using a USB data cable and make sure the controller has been charged for at least 30 minutes.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen and when ready Switch to Bluetooth modesimply press the start button.
Four. The upgrade process takes about 3 minutes Done, the switch is permanent.
5. During the process, the browser verifies the controller by checking for permissions. chrome/edge check button
6. Follow the on-screen instructions again and the process will unlock the controller’s firmware.
7. Use the keypress combinations provided by Google to Unlock the controller.
8. Download Controller firmware update in your browser
9. Select the device listed as SP Blank RT Family, Stadia Controller, or USB Composite Device to install the update.
10. Once complete, your new Bluetooth-enabled Stadia controller is ready to use with other devices.
Pair your Stadia controller using Bluetooth
1. Once your Stadia Controller is enabled in Bluetooth mode and connected to your device, press and hold the Y + Stadia button on the controller for 2 seconds to enter Bluetooth pairing mode. The status light flashes orange when you enter the mode.
2. Go to the Bluetooth settings of the device you want to connect to the Stadia controller and check if it’s listed under Devices ready to pair.
3. Once connected, the Stadia Controller status light will be solid white.
4. Now you’re ready to play your favorite games using your newly set up Stadia controller.
Controller button remapping
Once you’ve paired the Stadia Controller to your preferred gaming device, you can remap the buttons to match the gameplay style of your favorite games. It’s also worth remembering that his default Google Assistant and Captcha buttons are completely useless until you remap them.
Unfortunately, while the Stadia controller is compatible with most Bluetooth devices, the device uses a Bluetooth Low Energy connection, so some features like passthrough audio are not available wirelessly. Supported operating systems include Windows 10 and 11 + Steam, MacOS 13 + Steam, ChromeOS, and Android.
For further assistance on how to convert your Stadia controller to the new Bluetooth mode, please visit the official Google and Stadia websites via the links below.
Source: Google: Stadia
Filed Under: Guides, Top News
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some articles contain affiliate links. When you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets earns an affiliate commission. learn more.