The Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) concludes its first year of unprecedented North American marketing campaigns with more than 50 industry partners to take responsibility through a variety of in-person events and online activations reaching millions of consumers. We celebrated the seafood that was grown with us.
As announced at the Seafood Expo North America (SENA) in Boston last March, ASC launched its ongoing North American marketing campaign. This is the largest promotional investment in ASC’s history and aims to attract consumers about the benefits of certified seafood while demonstrating the difference and value of ASC certification. .
“There is growing awareness and demand for aquaculture in North America, and certified seafood is meeting that demand in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. But not all farmed seafood certification is the same. said Dr. Mark Lang, senior marketer at ASC USA. “To stand out and differentiate, we have dedicated our first year to deep dives into our key local markets, while at the same time communicating this important message to our shoppers, dozens of certified seafood producers, We have worked with brands, distributors and advocates.The 2022 results have exceeded our expectations and we are ready to extend the campaign into 2023 and beyond.”
The launch of ASC’s 2022 North American campaign featured:
Local market tour
From spring through fall, ASC immersed itself in the food scenes of Miami, Minneapolis and Philadelphia, hosting a series of activities spanning food festivals, restaurants and grocery stores. By offering ASC certified seafood together, organizations and partners have been able to spread awareness of ASC’s Sea Green label to local and national audiences through:
- We partnered with Pescanova on a Miami-themed activity station to welcome 3,000 visitors to the South Beach Seafood Festival, the nation’s premier shellfish festival.
- Join 30 of Philadelphia’s top food writers and influencers for an intimate dinner of Schoona Bay Salmon prepared by James Beard-nominated writer and chef Kiki Alanita.
- The Twin Cities GrillFest in May, in partnership with Fortune Fish & Gourmet and Coastal Seafoods retailers, will feature ASC Certified Aqua Grouper, Del Pacifico Shrimp and Verlasso Salmon in the fall.
- Hosted a “Certified Seafood Experience” with Miami’s beloved sustainability-focused sushi chain Sushi Maki, bringing responsibly farmed and ASC-certified seafood to the company’s Whole Foods sushi stations and attention across Miami Promoted by high degree restaurants.
social and digital promotion
Throughout the year, ASC reached online consumers more than 5 million times with new social media accounts and a North American consumer website. Digital programs included:
- We work with ASC certified brands such as PrimeWaters Seafood to demonstrate healthy cooking and offer Freshé gourmet canned seafood meals as product giveaways.
- Reached 500,000 by working with culinary influencers on Instagram to develop unique ASC certified recipes and photos featuring Mowi’s ASC certified salmon.
- A strong thought leadership blog and podcast featuring interviews with producers and distributors.
- Digital and search advertising to educate targeted consumers about ASC’s Sea Green label.
Outreach to the media
ASC’s local, regional, and national outreach has earned over 2,500 story placements and reached consumers millions of times in activities such as:
- What are the food trends for 2023? ASC, of course. In its article, “These are the food trends you’ll see everywhere in his 2023,” Yahoo News revealed what chefs will be serving in restaurants and what home cooks will buy at the grocery store over the next year. and spotlighted ASC-certified seafood.”
- A live virtual media tour across the Western Hemisphere in partnership with Seafood Nutrition and Sustainable Shrimp Partnerships. At his September event for national food editors and reporters, ASC-certified shrimp producers live all the way from Ecuador to Burton his Seaver his chef’s main his kitchen and a certified shrimp chef. I was active as
- Partnering with Riverence Provisions, an ASC-certified steelhead trout holiday mailer that reaches the hearts and mouths of major national food media outlets.
Expansion in 2023
ASC will have offices in Portland, Oregon, Southern California, and Washington, D. The North American marketing team will announce a 2023 theme and a series of new partnerships at SENA 2023 in March this year.
About the Aquaculture Stewardship Council
Since 2010, ASC has created and enforced the industry’s most stringent standards worldwide.
- Ensure the integrity of your supply chain from farm to store.
- We provide the most comprehensive transparency through public disclosure.
- Protect the environment, workers and communities.
ASC’s Sea Green label appears only on seafood from farms that have been independently evaluated and certified as environmentally and socially responsible. ASC’s Sea Green Certified label is the best way to ensure that the seafood you buy is what it claims to be. For more information, visit us.asc-aqua.org/.