Kevin Spacey has been found not responsible for the battery in his lawsuit against Anthony Rapp.
The 63-year-old actor was accused of assaulting Anthony Rapp at a party in 1986 when he was 14.
Judge Louis Kaplan dismissed the allegation of intentional infliction of emotional distress earlier this week, but Battery’s second claim remains in question.
However, on Thursday (20.10.22), a jury ruled that the lawsuit was dismissed because the attorneys could not prove that Kevin “touched Anthony’s sexual or intimate parts.”
Anthony, who was seeking $40 million in damages from the House of Cards star following the verdict, said in a statement: I pledge to continue to champion efforts to make it possible to live and work in the world.I sincerely hope that survivors will continue to tell their stories and continue to fight for accountability.
Spacey testified against the allegations on Monday (October 22nd, 17th), saying, “They are not true. Everything about what happened in that house was
Something I had to keep to myself. we never talked about it.I never talked about these things
ever publicly. “
Meanwhile, Anthony’s attorney Richard Steigman explained that while he “respects” the ruling, the fact that Anthony told “his truth” in court “doesn’t change anything.”
“Anthony told the truth in court. We respect the jury’s verdict, but it doesn’t change anything.”
Spacey is “deeply grateful” to the jury and “thanks” to live in a country where he has the right to be tried.
His attorney, Jennifer L. Keller, said: “Mr Spacey lives in a country where citizens have the right to be tried by an impartial jury that makes decisions based on evidence, not rumors or social media. Thank you for this particular juror!”
Rapp has filed and sought civil lawsuit against Spacey after 2020 sexual assault criminal charges were dismissed by a judge
Compensation for mental and emotional distress, medical expenses, and unemployment.
The “Star Trek: Discovery” actor, now 50, was asked if he lied about his accusations while on the stand.
He replied: “I didn’t. It happened to me and I wasn’t okay.”
Spacey previously offered a “sincere apology” to Rapp for his “deeply inappropriate drunken behavior,”
He said he did not remember the incident.
He has also pleaded not guilty to charges of sexually assaulting three men in the United Kingdom between March 2005 and April 2013, and in 2019 was acquitted of lewd and sexual assault charges in Massachusetts. was given.