From staff report
This November, Virginia Farm Bureau’s “Real Virginia” television program will feature Nelson County as part of the “County Close Up” segment.
Each month, the feature will focus on a different Virginia county and take a closer look at the area from an agricultural perspective. Farm Bureau Video His producer, Burke Moeller, recently interviewed local farmers and others to find out what role agriculture plays in the county, where it is most prevalent and how the industry is changing. I investigated whether
The most recent agricultural census, taken in 2017, found that Nelson County has a total of 409 farms on 67,841 acres, with a market value of more than $26 million for all produce sold that year. rice field. Bureau Federation (VFBF). Crops account for 83% of total agricultural income, with fodder, hay, soybeans, apples, corn and vegetables being the main crops. The remaining 17% are commodities such as livestock, poultry and other animal products.
People are also reading…
“Real Virginia” focuses on Virginia’s agriculture with a consumer audience in mind. The show airs nationally on the first Saturday of every month at 3:30 p.m. on his RFD-TV on Dish Network and DirecTV, as well as on select cable his outlets across the state. It airs weekly on WBRA Digital Channel 15.2, WHRO Norfolk, WVVA Bluefield, WTKR Norfolk, and the first and third weekends of each month on WVIR Charlottesville, WHSV Harrisonburg, and WRLH Richmond.
Watch The Real Virginia online at youtube.com/user/VirginiaFarmBureau.
With 132,000 members in 88 county agricultural departments, VFBF is Virginia’s largest farmer advocacy group. The Farm Bureau is a nongovernmental, nonpartisan, voluntary organization committed to protecting Virginia’s farms and ensuring a safe, fresh, and locally grown food supply.