A love-hate K-drama, First Lady Liza’s emotional visit to EGV, Vico celebrating the Pasig Awards, and Leni’s MIT talk are among the top stories on Politico’s Snitch Network this week.
1. John Vic speaks out against banning Korean content: ‘Ako mismo ay fan ng KPop at KDramas’
Cavite Governor Jonvik Lemura is a big fan of K-Drama and K-Pop. Instead of banning Korean content, Remulla suggested to Filipinos to learn and be inspired by these great shows.
2. Ping nixes K-drama ban: ‘Bringing down a better person is the worst kind of envy’
Former Senator Panfilo Laczon is opposing a controversial proposal to ban South Korean programming in the country.
3. Waranaman Ban: Jingoi Says He Has Nothing vs Korean Drama
Senator Jingoy Estrada said he had no intention of banning Korean dramas in the country, saying he had only expressed “dissatisfaction” with Filipinos’ preference for foreign-made programming, especially South Korean telenovelas.
Four. First Lady Liza Marcos gets teary-eyed during visit to Elsie Gutches Village
It was an emotional day for First Lady Liza Araneta Marcos.
Five. Pasig City wins business-friendly award: ‘Exciting part? Simula pa lang ‘to!’ – Vico
Pasig Mayor Vico Sot is thrilled with the latest recognition Pasig has achieved for business climate.
6. Thank you NBI, PLDT! 20 child abuse websites blocked – Risa
Authorities have blocked access to several websites containing child sexual abuse content, in line with the country’s laws protecting child welfare.
7. Best trained: Batto says FBI training at Quantico was ‘valuable’
Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is a proud graduate of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Academy.
8. First visit: Robredo meets MIT Sloan students to tackle the fight and disinformation
Former Vice President Leni Robredo makes her first visit to the MIT Sloan School in the United States.
9. Birthday Gift: Sol Aragones Offers Free Flu Vaccines
Former Laguna 3rd District Councilor Sol Aragones will have a special birthday next month.
Ten. “Napakapalad ko”: Loren’s Heartfelt Birthday Tribute to Nanai Ferry
Sen. Lauren Legarda showed her love and appreciation for her beloved Ilocana Yaya, Nanai Ferry, in a special birthday tribute video.