The United Arab Emirates Telecommunications and Digital Government Regulatory Authority (TDRA) has Digital Lifestyle in UAE 2022 report.
The report reveals that the United Arab Emirates is one of the leading countries in the world in various Digital Life Indexes.
According to state news agency, WhamAccording to a TDRA report, the United Arab Emirates is #1 in the world for social media use, #2 for internet use, #1 in the Arab region, #9 in the world for e-commerce, and #1 in the Arab region. It was number one. From relevant international reports.
The United Arab Emirates was also ranked number one in the world in terms of mobile internet speeds. The country’s average internet speed is 134.48 megabytes per second (Mbps), with a global average of 30 Mbps.
The report also notes that the UAE was the first country in the region to establish a digital government in 2001.
— WAM English (@WAMNEWS_ENG) August 30, 2022
Other key findings of the report showed that the UAE ranked…
- 13th in the world for home internet speed. The average internet speed in Japan has reached 124.7 Mbps, compared to the global average of 63.46 Mbps.
- It ranks second in the world with an internet usage rate of 99%, compared to the global average of 62.5%, indicating that the UAE has 9.935 million internet users.
- Mobile Internet usage time is 4 hours and 35 minutes compared to the global average of 3 hours and 43 minutes, ranking 12th in the world. The country also ranked her 11th in the world in terms of internet usage time.
- The average amount of time spent using the internet across all devices, be it a computer or a mobile phone, ranked 10th globally, averaging 8 hours and 36 minutes compared to the global average of 6 hours and 58 minutes.
- The average time spent on social media per capita is 106%, a world first compared to the global average of 58.4%. The United Arab Emirates also has 200% higher population engagement on social media than the world.
- It ranked 50% of the top 20 countries for using digital video as a source of learning and 27.6% of the top 10 countries for sharing digital visual blogs.
- 90% of the top 10 countries for e-gaming
- Top 10 countries with percentage of population owning cryptocurrencies (11.4%)
- Among the top 20 countries in the world with 26.4% of the population receiving telemedicine
- #9 in the world for e-commerce. His per capita annual average share of domestic digital spending is about $3,775, compared to his $1,766 global average.
- Ranked 14th in the world for weekly online purchases, with 59% of the population buying their weekly needs online
- It ranks 13th in weekly online purchases using mobile phones, with 32.4% of the UAE population making weekly online purchases over the phone.
- Among the top 20 countries for digital content, 68.1% of the population buys various digital content on the Internet. Also, 33.4% of the UAE population purchases household food, ranking ninth in the world for weekly household food purchases. Food needs online every week.
Read: Did you know that over half of the UAE population uses digital wallets?
- It ranked 12th globally for time spent on social media at 4 hours and 35 minutes, and 11th globally for the average number of social media platforms used.
- 48.8% in top 20 in terms of using social media to search for brands. With 28% social media usage for business-related purposes, he ranked 13th in the world.
- The United Arab Emirates has 82.5% of Facebook ads, 5th in the world against 34.1% of the world, and 5th in the world of social ads on YouTube, 93.4% against 37.7% of the world. reached.
- It ranks 6th in the world in percentage of Instagram ads, reaching 60.2% compared to a global percentage of 23.9%, and ranks 2nd in the world in percentage of Tik Tok ads, compared to a global percentage of 15.9%. and reached 81.3%.
- Ranked 3rd in the world for LinkedIn advertising percentage, reaching 69% compared to the global average of 14.6%, and ranked 8th globally for Snapchat advertising percentage, reaching 37.2% compared to the global average of 9%.
Also Read: UAE Cabinet Approves Formation of Digital Economy Council