“What should I have for dinner?” is a common question we all ask or answer every day.If you are tired of the same dishes too lentil And veggies, how about something different tonight? No, I’m not talking about anything fancy. Today I will introduce a South Indian recipe.But again, it’s not regular Dosa, idli, or rice! Indian-American author and activist Padmalakshmi recently shared a recipe for a rather interesting Indian dish, Chow Chow, his curry on Instagram.
Chow chow, commonly known as chayote, is an edible plant belonging to the chow chow family. Gourd Family, Cucurbitaceae. Known for its delicious seeds, roots, shoots, flowers, leaves and fruits. This roughly pear-shaped, mildly flavored green vegetable is packed with nutrients and should find a place on your menu.
“I’m making a very simple stir-fried curry. This is chow chow, also known as chayote,” Padma Lakshmi began. We’ll show you how to do it in no time.
* chow chow
* mustard seeds
* Kashmiri red pepper
* Peel the chow chow.
* Finely chopped and washed water.
* Heat oil in a frying pan and add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
* Next, sliced onions, tomatoes, Ginger into the pan.
* Add a pinch of salt and mix.
* Now add the chow chow pieces to the skillet.
* Add spices such as salt, turmeric, and Kashmir red chili.
* Steam for about 15 minutes and it’s done!
“It’s deliciously mild and perfect to be eaten with rice or dal or wrapped in parathas or roti,” she suggested.
📣 Follow us for lifestyle news Instagram | twitter | | Stay up to date with Facebook and the latest updates!