As tax season approaches, low- to moderate-income Santa Barbara County residents have the opportunity to put more money back in their pockets with the help of the United Way of Santa Barbara County’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA). It can be obtained.
From February 6th to April 18th, community-wide VITA site volunteers will provide free tax filing services to local residents making $67,000 or less annually. IRS-certified volunteers offer free basic income tax return preparation via electronic filing to eligible individuals.
Last year, United Way’s VITA program filed 2,784 tax returns and provided more than $2,678,237 in federal refunds to community members.
Below is information about when and where to get help.
United Way of Santa Barbara County
320 E. Gutierrez Street
Monday, Wednesday, 12:00pm – 4:30pm
935 San Andres St.
east side library
Tuesday, Thursday, 3pm-7pm
1102 E. Via Montecito
Goleta Valley Community Center
Friday, 9am-noon.1:00pm – 4:00pm
5679 Hollister Ave.
AARP Tax Assistance
UCSB (parking fees may apply)
Friday, 1:30-4:30 pm, Psychology East, Rm. 1805
Saturday, 12:30-3:30 pm, Phelps Hall, Rm. 1513
Carpinteria Children’s Project
Feb 11, Feb 25, 9am-2pm
5201 8th st.
people help people
18 February and 4 March, 9am-2pm
545 Alisal Road No. 102, Solvang
- Copies of previous year’s federal and state tax returns: (2020 for 2021, 2021 for 2022)
- If jointly submitting, photo ID and copy of spouse (driver’s license or passport)
- A copy of each family member’s Social Security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- If a couple is filing jointly, both spouses must be present to review and sign the tax return
- W-2s, 1099s, 1098s all year tax returns must be completed for all jobs
- IRS Letter 6419, “Advanced Child Tax Credits” (if received in the second half of 2022)
- IRS Letter 6475 “Third Economic Impact Payment” and other payments received from the IRS (2020, 2021, 2022) and the California Franchise Tax Board 2021 and 2022
- A copy of the voided check if a direct deposit or refund is requested
- Bank routing number and account number (if using direct deposit)
- 1095Health insurance card full form
Dates and times are subject to change. For the latest information, please visit unitedwaysb.org/VITA.
For more information about the United Way of Santa Barbara County, visit unitedwaysb.org.