Greater Allen County Blues Society Open Jam
7pm to 10pm today
The Greater Allen County Blues Society holds jam sessions from 7pm to 10pm at Lima Elks Lodge #54, 302 W. North Street, Lima. Blues enthusiasts can enjoy live blues music while fostering a love of blues for the next generation. Anyone can join.
Spook Festival at Heritage Park
6 p.m. Friday
The whole family can get into the Halloween spirit at the Spook Festival starting at 6pm on Fridays at the West End of Heritage Park at 2092 Reed Road in Lima. The event has plenty of games, candy, and food to satisfy even the most hungry ghouls and goblins. There are also scavenger hunts, haunted trails, and fun events for the whole family. Admission is $20 for her children 6 and older, and free for children 5 and younger.
Trick or treat in Safety City
Saturday noon to 2pm
The Lima Noon Optimist Club opens up Safety City for its annual trick-or-treating event at 700 S. Collet Street in Lima on Saturday from noon to 2pm. The event is known to draw anywhere from 2,000 to 2,500 of his children, so the candy is sure to overflow. Show off your best costume and enjoy seeing Lima’s landmarks in miniature!
“Folklore & Fusion” by the Lima Symphony Orchestra
Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
The Lima Symphony Orchestra kicks off the 2022-2023 “One Heart, Many Voices” season with “Folklore & Fusion”. This is a musical journey to the Near and Far East. Master tabla player Sandeep Das brings the sounds of India to the Veterans’ Memorial Civic his center with Wigerante’s ‘Concerto for Tabla and Orchestra’, while Rimsky-Korsakov’s ‘Scheherazade’ takes listeners to ‘A Thousand and One Nights’. I will take you to the world of “. Tickets can be purchased online at https://bit.ly/3Vy6fMF.
Instrumental concert at Bluffton College
2:30 p.m. Sunday
The Bluffton College of Music’s concert schedule kicks off Sunday with an instrumental concert featuring the Bluffton College Concert Band, conducted by Dr. Roy Couch. Enjoy an afternoon of beautiful concert band music at this free event at Bluffton College’s Yoder Recital Hall.
• Bluffton Farmers Market: Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to noon, Citizens National Bank Parking Lot, 102 S. Main St., Bluffton.
• Autumn Craft Show: Saturday, 9am-3pm, Shawnee United Methodist Church, 2600 Zurmehly Road, Lima. Admission is $2, and children 12 and under are free.
• Steve Parlato Artist Meet & Greet: Saturday, 5-7pm, ArtSpace/Lima, 65-67 Town Square, Lima.
• Lantern Tour: Saturday, 6 p.m., Ohio Theater, 122 W. North St., Lima.
• Decorative tray scorch session: Sunday at 6:30 pm, Modern Plantsman, 104 E. Aglaize St., Wapakoneta.
• Jammin@library: Monday at 5:30 pm, Bluffton Public Library, 145 S. Main St., Bluffton.
• Complimentary communal meals: Wednesday at 4:30 pm, Zion Lutheran Church, 1300 Edgewood Drive, Lima.
share events by email [email protected]See the daily community calendar online at LimaOhio.com/calendar.