WAOW, Wisconsin (WAOW) — January is National Blood Donor Month, so the Wake Up Wisconsin crew decided to donate blood.
The team made a donation at the North Central Wisconsin Blood Center. Employees say donations are always needed because very few people actually do.
“While 62% of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood, only 3% actually do. We need more people to donate blood, which means supplies are struggling,” said Emily Jolin, director of the North Central Wisconsin Blood Center.
You can donate blood at blood centers Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Reservations are possible, but walk-ins are accepted.
The center will hold local blood drives on the following dates:
- January 25: Aspirus Divine Savior (Portage) 11am-3pm
- February 1: Medford Fire Hall 1:30pm – 5:30pm
- February 2: Weston’s EXIT Realty 10am-2pm
- February 6: Antigo County Fairgrounds 11:30am-5:00pm
- February 8: Wisconsin Rapids Job Fair, 9am-1pm
- February 13: Hatley Community Center 4pm-7pm
- February 14: Blood Center hours extended from 8am to 6:30pm with donuts and BBQ
- February 16: St Agnes Church in Weston 2:30pm-7pm