A new iOS 16.1 software update is now available for download for your iPhone. Apple also released various other updates such as iPAdOS 16, watchOS 9.1 and macOS Ventura.
The latest iPhone update brings a variety of new features to the device. Brandon Butch’s video below showcases some of these features included in the update.
As you can see from the video, this new software update has some great new features for iPhone. This includes the new Live Activities feature, iCloud Shared Photo Library, and more.
Here are the release notes for the iOS 16.1 update:
iCloud Shared Photo Library
– Independent library for seamless sharing of photos and videos with up to 5 other users
– Setup rules make it easy to post past photos based on start date or people in the photo when setting up or joining a library
– Library filter for quickly switching between viewing shared libraries, personal libraries, or both libraries together
– Shared editing and permissions allow everyone to add, edit, favorite, caption and delete photos
– Use the camera sharing toggle to choose whether to send the photo you take directly to your shared library or enable the setting to automatically share when other participants are detected nearby using Bluetooth. can choose
– Live activity for third-party apps is available in Dynamic Islands and lock screen on iPhone 14 Pro models
– Apple Fitness+ is supported on your iPhone, even if you don’t have an Apple Watch
– Key sharing allows you to securely share your car, hotel room, or other keys in Wallet using Messages or messaging apps like WhatsApp
– Support for Matter, the new smart home connectivity standard, allowing different smart home accessories to work together across the ecosystem.
clean energy charging
– A new setting that can try to reduce your carbon footprint by selectively charging when green power is available
– Reader controls automatically hide when you start reading
This update also includes bug fixes for iPhone.
– Deleted conversations may appear in your message conversation list
– Dynamic Island content is not available when using Reachability
– CarPlay may fail to connect when using a VPN app
To download the iOS 16.1 software update from your iPhone’s settings menu,[設定]>[一般]>[ソフトウェア アップデート]>[ダウンロードしてインストール]Go to.
Source and image credit: Brandon Butch
Filed Under: Apple, Apple iPhone
Disclosure: Some articles contain affiliate links. When you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets earns an affiliate commission. learn more.