WWE 2K23 is set to release next March, and John Cena will be on the cover of the game.
WWE and 2K announced Monday that the latest installment in the franchise will be released on Friday, March 17th.th Pre-orders are available allowing users to get the game on March 14thth.
Those who pre-order the game will have access to multiple add-ons, including the Bad Bunny Bonus Pack, which features musicians appearing as playable characters.
See John Cena 👀
Defeat John Cena 🏆
get stronger @John Cena!💪
🔗 https://t.co/j1rIrmKhXb pic.twitter.com/rJD1I5cCLq
— #WWE2K23 (@WWEgames) January 23, 2023
John Cena is listed as the game’s executive soundtrack producer and appears on the covers of all versions of WWE 2K23. Other notable characters in the game include Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, Cody Rhodes, Ronda Rousey, and Steve Austin.
According to the press release, the game will also include the following additional features:
- 2K Showcase starring John Cena: Conquering John Cena in the ring is not an accolade that most superstars can claim. In 2K Showcase’s unprecedented twist, players step into the boots of Cena’s toughest rivals with one goal in mind: defeating the man who “never gives up.” Spanning his 20-year WWE career and narrated by Cena himself, this interactive sports entertainment his documentary uses 2K’s own Slingshot Tech to seamlessly transition from gameplay to live-action footage. transitions and bring the key moments of each match to life.
- War game: The chaotic, action-packed fan-favorite WarGames debuted at WWE 2K23, featuring heart-pounding 3v3 and 4v4 single-player or multiplayer mayhem within two side-by-side rings surrounded by double steel cages. We will deliver.
- MyGM: More GMs to choose from (or create your own custom GM), additional show options, multiple seasons, expanded match cards, and more match types for up to 4 players it was done. With the goal of defeating his rival his GM in weekly ratings, the player builds a roster, manages his budget, frees his agents to sign, various match types, arena locations, production elements, and more. make a selection.
- my faction: A team-building mode powered by online multiplayer action, where players collect, manage and upgrade an array of WWE Superstars and Legends to create the ultimate four-man faction return. Players can take their faction online and compete for world domination, or participate in weekly his tower and faction wars. Also, new themed card his packs and objectives are rolled out regularly throughout the year**.
- my rise: Aspiring superstars wrap up their WWE debuts in MyRISE and shape their careers with the decisions they make along the way. With storylines for different divisions for men and women, and the ability to import custom-crafted superstars, players will take their journey from humble beginnings as a rookie to immortalizing him as a WWE Legend.
- universe: From Superstar Rosters, Feuds, Champions, Weekly Shows, and Premium Live Events to the ultimate WWE Universe sandbox, players are in charge of their own version of WWE! Universe updates include a reworked story system and more.
- Creation Suite: The Creation Suite, a hallmark of the WWE 2K franchise, returns with cross-platform community creation, including the ability to design custom Superstars, GMs, arenas, entrances, movesets, championships and more. Custom arenas are now playable online, with advanced customization added to the created entrances.
The game comes in four editions, each described below.
WWE 2K23 The game features four editions: Standard Edition, Cross Gen, Deluxe Edition and Icon Edition:
- Standard Edition is available on previous generation platforms (PS4, Xbox One consoles) and PC for $59.99. Current generation consoles (PS5 and Xbox Series X|S) are $69.99 in both physical and digital formats.
- Cross-Genedition will be available digitally on PlayStation and Xbox consoles for $69.99. Cross-Gen Edition includes Standard Edition ***Across previous and current generation platforms within the same console family and within the same PlayStation or Xbox account.
- The Deluxe Edition is available in both physical and digital formats on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One, and in digital format on PC for $99.99.Deluxe Edition includes Standard Edition, Bad Bunny Bonus Pack plus Season Pass to all 5 post-release DLC content packs****; MyRISE Megaboost and a supercharger. Ruby John Cena MyFACTION Evo card, Gold Edge MyFACTION card, Emerald Bianca Belair MyFACTION card, Gold Asuka MyFACTION card, and 3 Basic Premium Launch MyFACTION card packs. The Deluxe Edition will be available on March 14th, 2023, 3 days before the Standard and Cross-Gen Editions!*****;
- The Icon Edition is available on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC for $119.99 and features original cover art by renowned WWE-inspired artist Rob Schamberger.All bonus content included in the Standard and Deluxe Editions, plus Icon Edition Featuring John Cena’s early “prototype” character, “Leviathan” Batista, rookie versions of Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton in development, the John Cena Legacy Championship, WrestleMania 22, John Cena Includes the Ruthless Aggression Pack celebrating 20 years of WWE’s career in Arena. Additional bonus content includes the Emerald Paul Heyman MyFACTION Manager Card and his pack of 3 Deluxe Premium Launch MyFACTION Cards. Icon Edition will be available March 14, 2023, 3 days ahead of Standard and Cross-Gen Editions!*****;
- BAD BUNNY BONUS PACK PRE-PURCHASE BENEFITS: Players who pre-order the Standard Edition and Cross-Generation Digital Bundles will receive a Bad Bunny Bonus Pack containing Bad Bunny as a playable character and a Bad Bunny MyFACTION card for Ruby Tier. .* The Bad Bunny Bonus Pack is included in the Deluxe and Icon Editions. at startup.
WWE 2K23 is available for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC via Steam.
The “Even Stronger” showcase trailer airs tonight on Raw XXX in Philadelphia.